Minnetonka /ˌmɪnᵻˈtɒŋkə/ MIN-i-TONG-kə is a suburban city in Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States, eight miles west of Minneapolis
Eight miles west of Minneapolis you’ll find this lovely little city, a fully developed community. Home to more than 50,000 residents, it’s a great place to live. Minnetonka, a combination of two Dakota Sioux words : Mini meaning Waters and Tonka meaning Great or Big. Not to be confused with Lake Minnetonka it does butt up to Lake Minnetonka at a very unique place, Gray’s Bay. Gray’s is the headwaters of the beautiful Minnehaha Falls.
Minnetonka Moccasins, great parks, numerous churches and bordered on the east by Hopkins, Minnesota
The beautiful Burwell residence.
Every third Saturday in June there is a festival at the Burwell House along Minnehaha Creek, it’s new bridge and gardens. Bring your family enjoy musical entertainment, food, activities for kids, arts and crafts for sale. At this time and tours of the Burwell House and the Historical Society Museum in the old carriage house
Hopkins-Minnetonka Recreation Services offers a wide variety of activities for all ages.
- View Recreation Brochure, published three times per year, to find activities
- Learn how to register for Recreation Activities online, in person, by phone, or by fax.
- We encourage people with disabilities to register for recreational programs. Our adaptive recreation programs can help.
- Financial assistance is available for recreation programs. Donations are welcomed for the scholarship fund that makes this possible.
- You can also learn about recreation activities available at the Williston Fitness Center, Ice Arena, as well as through senior services and our adult and youth sports programs.
Wikipedia has this to say about this wonderful little city.